Thursday, February 12, 2009

Undignified is where it's at!

Like Linz said, we are "undignified". As my first post, I figured I would introduce myself. I was going to introduce the blog but Linz beat me to it! My name is Andrew from the lovely city of Manhattan Kansas, home of the Kansas State Wildcats! I'm currently a senior in Hotel and Restaurant Management. Also, I'm currently one course short of my Business Administration minor! I promise lots of grammatical errors as my expertise lies in people not grammar :-).

I was sitting in the stands at the K-State vs. Texas Tech game thinking about little kids. It didn't help the fact that these two little boys in front of me caused me to laugh out loud multiple times! It was Alltel Wireless bag night. They had put a card in each of the bags telling you to come into their store to find out if you won money. This little boy saw the bag, opened the bag, and his eyes lit up because there was SOMETHING IN THERE! He got so excited he started yelling at his parents that he had found a treasure! Honestly, it was a worthless piece of cardboard used for advertising (why did I have to grow up?!?!) but he had found his TREASURE!

Matthew 19:13-14 says, Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

In my mind I see this played out like this, Jesus was a popular figure obviously! Much like a rock star or pro athlete. I can't see those little kids being calm and dragging their feet on their way to see Jesus. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that they were SUPER excited much like that little boy and his cardboard advertisement. They were so excited that their parents HAD to bring them to Jesus! I doubt the disciples wouldn't have rebuked calm quiet children. I hear laughter and screaming, lots of hugs and playful attitudes!

Matthew 18:1-4 says, At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

God wants a relationship, not a ritual, have-to's, should do's etc. Just like the little boy who didn't care what anyone thought of his card! We should be like him, undignified and sold out!

Life is hard enough, it's time to live life "Undignified!"

No comments:

Post a Comment