Friday, January 8, 2010

To whoever is listening...

I feel like I'm fighting in my last round/surrounded by this terrible sound/ all alone and I just want to be found/under the radar I fly low/just wanting someone to notice it's bad logic I know/emotions are raging off the charts/seems like my day should be done even before it starts/the end of the dark tunnel is nowhere in sight/all I want is that glorious light/tattered and beaten on my path I struggle/one step at a time I limp forward/hugging my pillow at night I snuggle/awaiting another day to press forward.

The path of the righteous is narrow/how can I fit when I'm no more than a bent arrow/I'm like a dizzy sparrow/ I can't fly straight to save my life/some days are real good others full of strife/constantly listening and pressing ahead/following the path as best as I can/I choose the hard path instead/dear dad I love ya man/as you used to always say "You da man!"

1 comment: