Monday, March 30, 2009

Hospitality

Sorry for the delay in posting! School has been incredibly busy.

My thought for the day is all about customer service. How important is customer service in the hospitality industry? Well, academia would tell you that it's essential to running a good business. I would argue that it's everything to running a good business and essential for life outside of work.

One aspect in which hospitality is much needed is retention of customers. The lifetime value of customers I believe is often over looked. The thing is, you can't calculate the amount of money they can offer you because it is truly limitless! If I had a good experience at my hotel on vacation you better believe I'm going to tell my friends about it. What if some of them decided to stay at that same hotel and they had a good experience? The amount of people you could draw in, the amount of money you could potentially make has no end.

Just something bouncing around in my head lately today.

If you have any comments please feel free to leave them!

No comments:

Post a Comment